Well, here we are five days after the due date of our little girl. I am finding myself anxious to complete this portion of the journey. I know Kristin is ready to have her old body back. But then I start to wonder just what is life going to be like after she is born. The time that Kristin and I have spent together as a couple the past four years has been incredible. It has been hard because I have been surrounded by estrogen everywhere I turned, until George came to "visit". There has been Kristin, Sadie, Esther, and Gideon (male name, but actually a female turtle). Now there will be the addition of even more estrogen. What is a guy to do? If I give in I may find myself using a myriad of facial products before I go to bed and wondering if "ruby rouge" makes me look like a prostitute. I will remain strong, because I know that my little girl needs a daddy. This will be quite a change for me. I have lived thirty-seven years without a child. My parents had already had all three of us (my siblings and me) before they were my age. Kind of late to be getting started, but I believe that God has been in control. I am so blessed to have my best friend as my wife and now the mother of my daughter. My only hope is that I can be everything that my daughter actually needs in a father (not that she will always agree with my interpretation of her needs). Even as I write this Kristin is having contractions. It's just the beginning and they are not very severe, but I know that it will not be very long now. I love them both and I pray God's blessing on them throughout the delivery. I thought that I would add this footnote: I do think that Kristin will miss one very important perk of being pregnant.

This was taken on one of our grocery shopping excursions. She was kind of a menace on that thing! I think the other shopper's will be glad to see her back on her feet. :)
2 comments:
Trey you are a blessing to all the girls in your life and will be a truly incredible Dad.
And to top that off...that sense of humor! Loved the picture and hey, I was with her recently for some of those trips....Watch out!!
I wish I got to see on that cart. I'm sure it was classic.
Trey, you'll be an amazing father. The two of you will raise a great human being together and I can't wait to be demonized as "Crazy Uncle George"!
Also, I like the "visit" comment. After all, it was like an 11 month visit, plus I ate all your cheese.
Good luck guys...
Post a Comment